Oscar de La Renta Tennis Center
The Oscar de La Renta Tennis Center offers a variety of programs targeting each age and stage for our guest and home owners tennis development. Within our tennis center, some of the amenities we offer are tennis pro-shop, a Snack Bar, 12 tennis courts and a full equipped Technogym.
Our tennis center has 14 ball boys to chase tennis balls, 7 ball boy players for match playing and three professional assistants ready for private, semi-private, camps, groups, singles and doubles strategy lessons
We also count with 9 clay courts, one Har-Tru court, one natural grass court and one hard surface deco-turf court. Four of these tennis courts. were built under the IFT standards, where players from the ATP can enjoy their vacations and practice for any of the four grand-slam tennis tournaments.
Tennis Clinic Adults and Kids:
Private and semi-private individual clases, group lessons and private family lessons.
Spring Break Mixed Doubles Tennis Tournament
Spring Break Mixed Doubles Tennis Tournament is held every year on Easter Saturday. Homeowners and guests at Puntacana Resort & Club are invited to participate every year.
Puntacana Tennis Camp
The Puntacana Tennis Camp is held every summer from June through August. The camp is directed by Felix De Los Santos, certified by the United States Professional Tennis Registry and the International Tennis Federation. Felix has the ability to encourage your children to enjoy and learn this fun sport while improving their skills, physical and mental abilities, strengthening their techniques, and developing self‐discipline, competitive spirit, physical endurance, and more. Tennis can help develop your child's fitness, social skills, strong work habits and competitive spirit, leading to fun and a lifetime of opportunities.
The Owners Weekend Tennis tournament
Homeowners and guests of Puntacana Resort & Club are invited to participate every year. This is a great round robin tennis tournament, where all the participants get to play with / against others, this way everybody get to know each other and have a good time.
The Annual Oscar de la Renta Social Tennis Tournament
The Annual Oscar de la Renta Social Tennis Tournament is held at the end of December, with Men’s & Women's singles and Men’s & Women's doubles. This charity social tennis tournament raises funds towards the education of the tennis center ball boys of Puntacana Resort & Club. Homeowners and guests at Puntacana Resort & Club as well as Oscar de la Renta’s friends are invited to participate every year.
Juniors Oscar tennis doubles mix with the ball boys, Ladies singles, men’s singles and Mix doubles.
Ladies doubles, Men’s doubles and finals. This a charity social tennis tournament to raises funds towards the education of the tennis center ball boys of the Oscar de la Renta Tennis Center, where all the homeowners, guests at Puntacana Resort & Club, Oscar de la Renta’s friends are invited to participate every year.
Tennis Center Regulations
- According to availability, all members can play without a time limit.
- Tennis court reservations must be made one day in advance.
- We only guarantee court time reservations, not a specific tennis court.
- Court #3 is reserved exclusively for the tennis professional.
- Members must present their ID at the pro-shop before using the courts.
- Family membership covers husband, wife and children under 18.
- An additional fee applies for all guests members.
- Tennis lessons must be cancelled 8 hours in advance.
- Any court reservation or lesson will be canceled after 15 minutes of delay.
- Players must have a proper conduct while entering and departing the court.
- Players must wear proper attire on the court at all time.
- There is an additional cost to play at night.
The Tennis Pro Shop at Puntacana Resort & Club
The Puntacana Resort & Club Tennis Pro Shop offers a variety of guest services:
- Tennis courts for day play
- Lighted tennis courts for evening play
- Racquets accessories and stringing service
- Ball boys to retrieve tennis balls
- Ball boy players service for player matching
- Tennis balls
- Racquet rental
- Ball cart rental for practice
- Social tennis doubles
Gym & Tennis center hours are from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
For information, please call or e-mail the tennis center:
809-959-2714 Ext. 2210, Mobile: 809-386-4203
Padel is a mix between Tennis and Squash. This sport is usually played in doubles on a closed court surrounded by walls of glass. A padel court is a third of the size of a tennis court. Padel is great for all ages, since it is easy to learn and pick up the skills.
Pickleball is a fast-paced paddle sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and ping pong. Played on a small court, players use solid paddles to hit a perforated plastic ball over a net, aiming to score points by strategically placing shots and outmaneuvering opponents.